The Vineyard Group, Inc.
Here's an alphabetical list of some of our clients and, in general terms, what we've achieved with them. Please note that for reasons of discretion this is far from an exhaustive list of clients or activities; we work with many
startups and established corporations we aren't mentioning here. New clients are not added to the list until initial engagements have concluded successfully.
- Advance Publications. Consulting on the development of a new Web-based set of products and services.
- Amazon.com. Contributed to the launch of the ecommerce bellwether's music store.
- boston.com/New York Times Digital. General editorial, management, experience, and wireless consulting; conceived and developed several new service areas. Our first project with New York Times Digital property
boston.com, mp3.boston.com, earned a Massachusetts Interactive Media Council (MIMC)award for Best General Entertainment Online Site. Our second project, digitalMASS, was recognized by MIMC the following year. More recently,
we advised boston.com on the selection of a content-management-system vendor and integrator. Our current engagement with boston.com addresses a number of strategic, editorial, and organizational matters.
- Chicago Tribune/Tribune Interactive. General editorial, experience, wireless, and business-development consulting; conceived, developed, and managed two areas of the chicagotribune.com Web site; contribute to many
other areas. One of our sites for Tribune Interactive was cited two years running by the Newspaper Association of America; the overall chicagotribune.com Web site was named Best U.S. Newspaper Online Service by Editor
& Publisher during the Vineyard Group's four-year-long engagement.
- The Children's Museum. Consulted on the Boston museum's initial Web activities.
- Cisco/SightPath. Editorial consulting regarding a specialized Internet content-delivery system.
- Forbes. Consulted on the development of the magazine's initial Web site and managed an area of that site for one year.
- International Data Corp. Conceived, developed, and managed the consulting firm's first Web-based survey and conducted several research projects.
- International Data Group. Helped launch new publication for health-IT professionals.
- McKinsey and Company. Helped launch new publication for IT professionals.
- Microsoft Corp. Contributed to the launch of the online service MSN, extending the work we completed for the company's CD-ROM product Music Central to a proprietary online service and, later, the public Web.
- Molecular. Editorial consulting.
- New Media Publications. Editorial and experience consulting regarding development of a new database-driven site and relaunch of an existing one.
- Powerful Media. Pre-launch editorial and experience consulting to both the Inside.com Web site and Inside magazine.
- PurchasingCenter.com. Pre-launch and ongoing editorial and experience consulting.
- Rhino Records. Ongoing conception, development, and production of reissue CDs and box sets. (We have produced and annotated CD box sets for every major record label and many significant independent firms. Country Music magazine called one of our collections "the best box set done on any current country artist.")
- Rykodisc USA. Contributed the the record company's joint CD-Link project with Voyager; aided in development of the pioneering audio-CD games Play it By Ear and Play It By Ear 2.
- Sony Music Online Ventures. Editorial and management consulting.
- TheStandard.com. Editorial and management consulting.
- TV Guide Online. Conceived and developed a teen area for the online service.
- Webnoize. Editorial and management consulting.
- ZDNet/CNET. Contributed sundry special reports; consulted regarding the company's alliances with several commercial online services.